Blogs I read

Monday, December 5, 2011

Red Hot Chili Peppers. The concert.

Yesterday was the big night :) Red Hot Chili Peppers are in tour for their new album "I'm with you" and Berlin was one of their stop. There was no way I would've missed it. I was very excited!!!

We arrived early and had the time to relax, take a tour of the great O2 World stadium and watch the arriving crowd slowly fill up the place.

The O2 world stadium still empty
yeap, we were that high :)
Relaxing before the concert
First on the stage were Foals. A UK based group, which I didn't care for that much. Just not my kind of music.

About the concert... The show was really great. I loved how the stage was prepared. Huge video wall showed the group from many angles in a comic book kind a way. It was awesome. The lighting was amazing too. I'm so glad I could be there last night.

::nagging mode on:: I have to be honest and say that I don't like the new album at all.... and ok I knew that because of that, the set list wouldn't be perfect. For my taste at least. But still, it was something I wanted to experience and till the last minute I hopped they would play my favorite RHCP's songs. Like "Blood sugar sex magik", "Suck my kiss", "Breaking the girl", "Could have lied" and more... But unfortunately they didn't. :( (Super sad face). The concert lasted an hour and 45 minutes and I wanted it to be longer :)

Nagging aside, as I said before it was a great show and I'm glad I was there. Didn't take many photos after the show begun. Once the music started it was all about dancing and singing along.

People from all over the world came to see them.


The set list.

  1. Monarchy of Roses 
  2. Dani California 
  3. Charlie 
  4. Look Around 
  5. Otherside 
  6. (with a little intro)
  7. Throw Away Your Television 
  8. Can't Stop 
  9. The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie 
  10. Hard to Concentrate 
  11. Me & My Friends 
  12. Ethiopia 
  13. Under the Bridge 
  14. Right On Time 
  15. Californication 
  16. By the Way 
Encore:
  1. Chad & Mauro Jam 
  2. Factory of Faith 
  3. Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere 
  4. (Neil Young cover)
  5. Give It Away 
  6. Final Jam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...